2/14/13

Skyfall, The New Bond Standard!

Skyfall is the best Bond movie I have seen in years.  While some are complaining that it is too action packed and strays too far from the original Bond films of the 60's that it pays homage to, I disagree.  Bond has developed and changed over the years based on the changes in society.  This most recent film reflects that with it's combination of traditional Bond characters along with modern technology and Jason Bourne type action.  To me it was thrilling!  The opening sequence of motorcycles on rooftops and then a fight on top of a moving train was exceptionally done.  I was on the edge of my seat.  The opening credits appear after this adrenalin burst with a haunting song by Adele that blew me away.  The song incorporates the traditional Bond theme along with a video sequence that  I could watch for hours by itself.  I won't give away the plot but the villain is quite creepy at times and the non stop action oriented plot kept me riveted throughout the entire film.  Daniel Craig has become my favorite Bond behind Sean Connery and I hope there is another film in the works to keep the thrill alive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment