6/5/12

Season Finale of NCIS: Los Angeles

NCIS: Los Angeles is one of my favorite shows currently on TV and I have been a fan since the very first episode that aired on NCIS.  G. Callen, played by Chris O'Donnell, is my favorite character and I adore watching him evolve over the episodes.  The finale for season 3, however, had me distressed.  Callen murdered an evil man in cold blood while TV crews watched and was immediately arrested for it.  Looking at it from the character's perspective, you understand why Callen wanted this man, the Chameleon, dead as he had killed some of Callen's colleagues.  But Callen always seems to have self control when it counts.  He's an orphan whose mother was murdered in front of him as a child, he was never accepted in any of his many foster homes, and he doesn't even know what his first name is.  He has endured this tortured childhood and yet become a valuable member of NCIS.  He has turned his life around.  While he is always on the edge of loosing it, his inner strength and values of right and wrong always surface in the end before its too late.  But not this time.  It was disturbing to me as I don't want my favorite character to loose his humanity. It is the glue that holds him together when everything else in his life is falling to pieces.  I hope that in the premiere of season 4 redemption for Calen is achieved or at least shown as a possibility down the road.  I am very curious to see how the writers turn this plot twist around.

0 comments:

Post a Comment