1/2/10

Alias and Other Stuff

So first of all, I guess I should explain the title of this blog. I am a huge Alias fan, the TV show by JJ Abrams. So this blog's title is a tribute to Sydney Bristow, spy extraordinaire. In fact, I am such a fan that I am currently writing my master's thesis on female lead protagonists in the spy genre on television compared to their male counterparts throughout the decades starting in the 1970s. I'll let you know how that goes, it is due by the end of March. Since I am on holiday break from school, I am attempting to catch up on some films that I missed that came out this summer and fall that are now on DVD. Right now I am watching GI Joe, which is so far just ok but not great. The gadgets are cool but so far the story leaves something to be desired. Earlier today, I watched The Proposal which was a good film, but also not great as I couldn't buy the relationship between Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock. It just didn't seem real to me. Although I like both actors, they didn't have any chemistry together, at least not in this film.

1 comments:

Tracy said...

Hi Alias Chick,

Very cool topic for your master's thesis! I want to read it!

I totally concur with your thoughts on The Proposal. I couldn't buy the relationship either.

Post a Comment